I have neglected to update on our garden! We have made some progress as the weather has been getting somewhat warmer. Due to an early very warm record breaking spell of temperatures in the upper 80s and 90s, our broccoli started to bolt, so we went ahead and cut it early. It was pretty good, but did not taste as good as the broccoli we grow in Tennessee. I am not sure if it is something in the soil or what.
Other garden happenings:
- Harvested Lettuce
- Harvested Broccoli
- Planted Green Beans
- Planted Blue Corn
- Planted Tomatoes
- Planted Peppers
- Planted Herbs (Basil, Garlic, Dill)
- Planted Mustard Greens
- Potatoes are flowering which means we can eat new potatoes any time!
- Carrots are growing well
Other things we need to do:
- Fertilize (Hope to have a video up soon my boys took of them making homemade tea compost!)
- Plant Squash, Cucumbers, and more.
- Till more rows!
- Weeding is not a problem so far. There are really no weeds growing at this point.