We had about two cups of leftover pumpkin pie. I decided to make cookies with the pumpkin so all of us could still enjoy the pumpkin pie! I will do a double batch of the following recipe!
- 1 cup canned pumpkin ( I am using leftover pumpkin pie and omitting spices)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.
- Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.