- 3 quarts chicken stock
- 3 pounds celery, shredded or finely chopped
- 1/2 pound carrots, shredded
- 1/2 pound onions, shredded
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 quarts hot milk
- 1 cup butter
Directions for soup
- Pour the chicken stock into a large pot, and bring to a boil. Add the celery, carrots and onion to the pot.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, pepper, and milk; add to the pot along with the butter.
- Boil for 10 minutes.
Directions to Can
PREPARE pressure canner. Heat jars and lids in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Set bands aside.
COMBINE all vegetables in a large saucepot. Add water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
LADLE hot soup into hot jars leaving 1 inch headspace. Remove air bubbles. Wipe rim. Center hot lid on jar. Apply band and adjust until fit is fingertip tight.
PROCESS filled jars in a pressure canner at 10 pounds pressure 1 hour for pints and 1 hour and 15 minutes for quarts, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.
Directions for canning are from the Ball Blue Book.