With the budget cut for Organic farmers and the continued government support of Industrial Agriculture, it is so important everyone supports local farmers. One of the best ways to support local farmers is to shop at your local Farmer’s Market! Below is a list of Farmer’s Market’s in the Knoxville area and their opening dates. You can also check Local Harvest to find a famer’s market and local farmers in your area! Remember it may not be certified organic, but at least you know where it came from and who grew it! Local is almost always better.
- Country Farmer’s Market, Madisonville at Hopewell Fire Department Wednesdays 8-11am (April-September)
- Dandridge Farmers Market, downtown at corner of Meeting and Gay streets, 8 a.m.-noon Saturday. (Preview market on May 14. Grand opening May 28).
- Dixie Lee Farmers' Market, 9 a.m.-noon, Saturday, 12740 Kingston Pike at Renaissance Center (opens April 30).
- Gatlinburg Farmers' Market, 705 E. Parkway in Alamo Steakhouse parking lot, 8-11:30 a.m. Saturday, (opens May 21).
- Greeneville Farmers Market, 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, and 3 p.m. Wednesday, Greene County Fairgrounds. (opens April 16).
- Lenoir City Farmers' Market, in front of Presstige Printing, 114 E. Broadway, 9 a.m.-noon Saturdays, (opens June 18).
- Market Square Farmers' Market, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday (opens April 30), and Wednesday, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. (opens May 11), Downtown Knoxville between Wall Avenue and Union Street .
- Norris Farmers Market, Saturday, 3-6 p.m., Norris Commons (opens April 25).
- Knoxville FARM Market, 2-5 p.m. Tuesday, Laurel Church of Christ, 3457 Kingston Pike (opens April 19), and 2-5 p.m. Friday, (opens April 15).
- University of Tennessee Farmers' Market, 4-7 p.m. Wednesday, at UT Gardens, 2431 Joe Johnson Drive (opens May 18)
- Maryville Farmers Market, 9 a.m. Saturday at Church Avenue, (opens May 7).
- Oak Ridge FARM Market, 8 a.m.-noon Saturday, Jackson Square at Georgia Ave. (opens April 16), and 3-6 p.m. Wednesday, (opens May 11).
- Ramsey House Plantation 2614 Thorngrove Pike July-August 8am until sellout
- Farmer's Market off of Washington Pike exit 8, I640, on Thursdays from 3-6 at Harvest Park(it started last Thursday April 14) (Thanks, Delilah)
Let me know if I miss any. I know there is one in Rockwood, but I could not find any information on local harvest.